WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY from the National Weather Service
Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM PST this evening for the southern Willamette Valley...
The National Weather Service in Portland has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for freezing rain... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM PST this evening.
* Timing... areas of freezing rain may develop mid to late this afternoon and persist into early this evening. * Ice accumulation... around one-tenth of an inch... perhaps just a couple hundredths of an inch.
* Ice melting... temperatures are expected to warm above freezing Thursday evening.
* Confidence... moderate. If the temperatures warm several degrees above freezing early this afternoon... then the threat likely no longer exists... except in the most sheltered locations.
* Impacts... freezing rain will cause icy roadways and walkways..
* melt impacts... low clearance vehicles will risk becoming high centered when currently snow packed roads soften and turn slushy this evening. In addition... traction can be an issue in these conditions and it is easy to lose control of a vehicle.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.