EUGENE, Ore. (KMTR) -- Dozens of walkers stepped up on Sunday to fight hunger locally and internationally.
Several faith groups and other teams took part in the annual 'CROP Hunger Walk' on Sunday, October 7 at Alton Baker Park.
23 teams signed up for the walk, all raising money for the hunger relief services.
25% of the money raised will go to Food for Lane County, the other 75% goes to Church World Services which helps build water systems, gardens and gives out food aid in third world countries.
“They used to have them back in the 80s for a while, then it kind of went dormant and a group called the Oregon Faith Roundtable Against Hunger kind of brought it back up and this is the third year we've had it here,” says Karen Edmonds of Food for Lane County.
In the last two years, CROP walkers have raised more than $40,000 through the Eugene-Springfield event.