EUGENE, Ore. (KMTR) -- On Saturday, September 22 at about 8:30 PM, a local high school student reported that she was sexually abused in a gravel parking lot at Autzen Stadium during the football game.
The suspect was described as a white male, about 5' 7" tall with a slight build, 35 to 40 years old, clean-shaven with short black-and-gray hair, wearing a dark UO hooded sweatshirt, tan shorts and gray-and-orange Nike shoes. He reportedly carried a beer bottle and smokeless tobacco, but did not appear intoxicated.
The girl reported that the suspect called out to her in a friendly, almost familiar way in the parking lot, then approached her and forced her to walk to a secluded spot between parked vehicles and subjected her to inappropriate sexual contact.
Kidnapping is an added offense because the suspect interfered with the victim's liberty and moved her from one place to another without her consent or any legal authority.
Anyone with information about this suspect or similar incidents should call Eugene Police at 541 682-5111 or UODPS at 541 346-2919.
CAMPUS SAFETY TIPS FROM UODPS
No action or inaction by a crime survivor makes that person responsible for his or her victimization. Perpetrators are responsible for crimes and their effects. The following suggestions may help reduce the possibility of experiencing a crime, or may improve opportunities to receive prompt assistance.
- It is a crime to intentionally touch someone against his or her will, regardless of the situation.
- Encourage friends to travel in pairs or with trusted companions, especially at night or in remote areas.
- Use UO Safe Ride (541 346-RIDE ext. 2), call a taxicab, or contact UODPS for an on-campus escort (541 346-2919).
- If you feel you or others are in danger, call 911.
- To report suspicious, illegal or unusual activity on campus, call UODPS at 541 346-2919. For emergencies or if you see a crime being committed, call 911.
RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR SURVIVORS OF CRIME
- For students, support services are available through the University Counseling and Testing Center, 541 346-3227 (available 24 hours); counseling.uoregon.edu/dnn.
- For students, medical and sexual assault examination services are available at University Health Center, 541 346-2770; healthcenter.uoregon.edu.
- For employees, the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, 541 346-3123, and Office of Human Resources, 541 346-3159, can assist in connecting to resources.
- Other community resources available are Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS), 541 343-7277 (24 hour crisis line) or 541 484-9791, Womenspace, 541 485-8232 or 541 485-6513 (24 hour crisis line) and White Bird Clinic Counseling, 541 342-8255 or 541 687-4000 (24 hour crisis line).