EUGENE, Ore. (KMTR) -- A Eugene woman is recovering after a fire at a Eugene mobile home park sent her to the hospital. Firefighters reported the fire started in some adjacent trees after thunderstorms in the area ended.
The 911 call came in around Friday from a neighbor in the Camelot Village Mobile Home Park on Babcock Lane. The caller said he saw flames in some thick bushes across the street.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, the fire had spread to an adjacent mobile home, burning the front porch and rooftop. It also came close to an electrical unit that powers all the nearby houses.
“The shrubbery is starting to dry out and with the warm temperatures we're beginning to get, it does burn very well,” said Eugene District Fire Chief Mark Grover. “So where this fire started [was] in some arbor vitae adjacent to the building; it extended also into some trees and shrubbery around the house.”
Firefighters say the fire could have been much worse if the neighbor had not called when he did.