No one hurt as fire guts home

No one hurt as fire guts home

DEXTER, Ore. - Flames engulfed a home in Dexter Tuesday night, about 18 miles east of Eugene.

The homeowner escaped without injuries or burns.

More than 20 firefighters helped with the fire on Rattlesnake and Kimball road.

The narrow driveway around the property made it difficult for fire crews to get their hoses to the home.

Pfficials said these types of fires can be prevented and save your life with some simple tips.

"Smoke detectors, you got to have smoke detectors," said Dexter Fire Chief Guy Harshbarger. "It's quite obvious this homeowner did not know the structure was on fire.

"It's real important to keep your exits and access open."