Construction worker electrocuted at substation, dies at hospital

GOLD BEACH, Ore. - A man died after he was electrocuted while working on a transfer box at a Bonneville Power Substation north of Gold Beach on Tuesday morning.

Benjamin E. Cool, 35, from Lewiston, Idaho, was up in a bucket lift when he was electrocuted and stopped moving, Curry County Sheriff John Bishop said.

Other people at the scene got Cool out of the bucket and started CPR.

Medics rushed him to Curry General Hospital, where he died from his injuries, the sheriff said.

Cool was working for Wilson Construction out of Canby, Oregon, Bishop said. The sheriff said both Bonneville Power and OSHA are investigating the death.