3970 W. 1st Ave.
Eugene, Oregon 97402
Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Adminstration counter is closed from 12:00 - 1:00 daily for the lunch hour.
Dogs, all ages, any gender = $35.00 plus the cost of spay/neuter surgery and vaccinations (see fee table below). Adoptions include: Spay or neuter surgery, rabies vaccination, distemper/parvo vaccination, collar, lead, 1 year license for adopters within our licensing jurisdiction or an ID Tag for adopters outside of our licensing jurisdiction, microchip with FREE registration.
Cats, all ages = $102.00 for male cats/kittens $117.00 for female cats/kittens. Adoptions include: Spay or neuter surgery, Leukemia testing, Rabies vaccination, FVRCP vaccination, collar, I.D. tag with registration, cardboard pet carrier, microchip with FREE registration.
Spay and Neuter - Required For Adoptions
Pursuant to Eugene Code 4.390(8) and Lane Code 7.065(7) If an animal is adopted from the animal regulation authority or from any other agency which accepts unwanted or abandoned animals, the owner must have the animal spayed or neutered within six months from the date of sale if the animal is too young to be spayed or neutered immediately. If an animal over six months old is adopted by an agency which accepts unwanted or abandoned animals, the animal shall be spayed or neutered within one month after it is turned over to its new owner. Failure to comply with these procedures under Eugene code carries a maximum fine of up to $500.00 and Lane Code is a Class A Violation of up to $816.00.
In addition to spay or neuter surgeries for adoptions,rabies vaccinations for dogs are required.
|Female K9 Package - Any Weight - Includes Spay + First DA2PP & Rabies||$97.00|
|Female K9 Package - Without Spay||$22.00|
|Male K9 Package - Any Weight - Includes Neuter + First DA2PP & Rabies||$93.00|
|Male K9 Package - Without Neuter||$22.00|
|Female Cat Package - Spay surgery, Leukemia testing, Rabies vaccination, FVRCP vaccination, collar, I.D. tag with registration, cardboard pet carrier, microchip with FREE registration.||$117.00|
|MaleCat Package - Neuter surgery, Leukemia testing, Rabies vaccination, FVRCP vaccination, collar, I.D. tag with registration, cardboard pet carrier, microchip with FREE registration.||$102.00|
- Look through the kennel to see if you find a pet that interests you. You can look online here.
- Advise the kennel staff so they can take the animal out of the kennel for a closer look and answer your questions.
- Fill out an application, receive Officer approval, and take the application to the front counter for processing.
- If you rent, you will need written approval from your landlord giving you permission to adopt that specific animal.
- All adult family members must approve of the animal of your choice.
- If you are interested in a dog adoption and already own other dogs, you must show proof of rabies, current licensing and complete a successful dog visit.
- It is a zoning violation in the City of Eugene to have more than two dogs living at any one residence.
- If you live in the unincorporated area of Lane County and own more than two dogs, you will have the option of purchasing a non-commercial kennel license, or you may choose to license your dogs individually.
Once you fill out your application and turn it in to the front office staff, you will have one day to have the pet of your choice put on hold for you so that you have time to complete the application requirements and make payment.
The animal can be released for adoption after the release date. The release date is determined by the following:
- Whether or not the animal displayed some type of verifiable identification upon arrival at the shelter.
- Whether or not the animal is determined to be stray or unwanted.
You can begin the adoption process immediately upon the animal's arrival at the shelter although it may not be available for release until a few days later.