16 Checks In Headlines
Health Guide Headlines
About 16 Checks In
16 Checks In is a simple reminder that a regular breast self-exam is an important step for the early detection of breast cancer.
Here's how it works:
- Find A Buddy
- Choose a family member, friend or coworker
- Mark Your Calendar
- On the 16th of each month, mark your calendar as a reminder.
- Call Your Buddy
- Remind each other to do your breast self-exam.
- If you find a lump, call your physician.
- If you're a woman over 40, regular self-exams should be augmented with annual mammograms. If it's time for yours, make an appointment today.
One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. It is the most common cancer in women in the U.S. If breast cancer is detected and treated before it spreads to the lymph nodes and other parts of the body, the chance of a cure is greater than 85%. Know the warning signs of breast cancer and the guidelines for breast health.